Our Client is a well-established transport company that specialises in Construction Consolidation Centres and logistic support. They hold a full range of accreditations including FORS Gold Standard, WRRR and CLOCS champions status and our vehicles range in size from small vans to 44 tonne articulated and HIAB crane lorries.
The company has gained an outstanding reputation based on reliability and by providing their customers with the highest possible levels of service. They are currently looking for an experienced Transport Controller / Despatcher to be based at our new purpose built warehouse and consolidation centre located in Dagenham.
The ideal candidate:
• The ability to work under pressure and keeping to deadlines is essential
• A good knowledge of London and the general motorway network
• Self-motivated with excellent telephone manner
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and other software packages
• Taking bookings from customers both verbally and through email
• Dispatching jobs through PDA's
• Monitoring transport costs.
• Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
• Liaising with site managers and other high profile clients
• The ability to deal with any driver or client queries efficiently and seamlessly
Salary: Excellent salary available subject to experience